In force since: [25/05/18]
The Limited Company J&JOY (hereinafter, "Advertising Consultancy") respects the privacy of its users (hereinafter, the "Users").
J&JOY S.A. processes personal data transmitted to it in accordance with the legislation in force, and in particular Regulation 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, applicable from 25 May 2018 (hereinafter, the "General Data Protection Regulation").
The User acknowledges having taken note of the information below and authorises J&JOY to process, in accordance with what is specified in the Policy, the personal data that it communicates on the Site as part of the order service made available by J&JOY on its Site (hereinafter, the "Service").
The Policy is valid for all pages hosted on the Site and for registrations on this Site. It does not apply to pages hosted by third parties to which J&JOY may refer and whose privacy policies may differ. J&JOY cannot therefore be held responsible for any data processed on or by these sites.
Access to the Site takes place without having to provide personal data, such as surname, first name, postal address, e-mail address, etc.
In the context of the Site, the User may be required to transmit certain personal data. In this case, the data controller is:
Avenue Edmond Leburton 6
BCE N°: BE08 9688 2685
The duties of the Data Protection Officer appointed by J&JOY shall be at least the following:
(a) to inform and advise the controller or processor and the employees carrying out the processing operation of their obligations under the data protection legislation in force;
(b) to monitor compliance with applicable legislation and J&JOY's internal rules concerning the protection of personal data, including the allocation of responsibilities, awareness and training of staff involved in processing operations, and related audits;
(c) to provide advice, on request, on data protection impact assessment and to verify its implementation;
(d) to cooperate with the supervisory authority;
(e) to act as a contact point for the supervisory authority on matters relating to processing, including prior consultation, and to consult, as appropriate, on any other matter.
Any questions or requests concerning the processing of this data can be addressed to the following address: email@example.com.
By completing a form on the Site (for example), the User allows J&JOY to record and retain, for the purposes mentioned in point 4, the following information:
- identification data, such as first and last name, title, e-mail address, date of birth and delivery address;
- banking information necessary for the Service, such as bank account numbers, IBAN and BIC/SWIFT;
- billing information;
- communications between the User and J&JOY;
The User also authorises J&JOY to record and store, for the purposes mentioned in point 4:
- additional information requested by the Advertising Consultancy from the User in order to identify or prevent the User from violating any of the provisions of the Policy;
When the User accesses the Site, the servers consulted automatically record certain data, such as:
- the type of domain with which the User connects to the Internet;
- the IP address assigned to the User (at the time of connection);
- the date and time of access to the Site and other traffic data;
- location data or other data relating to the communication;
- the pages consulted;
- the type of browser used;
- the platform and/or operating system used;
- the search engine as well as the keywords used to find the Site.
No nominative data that would alow the User to be identified is collected via the cookies and servers consulted. This information is only kept for statistical purposes and to improve the Site.
We process your data for various purposes. For each processing operation, only data relevant for the purpose in question are processed. Processing consists of any operation (manual or automated) on personal data. J&JOY collects, records and uses data from Users of its Site for the following purposes:
- for the handling of your complaints and requests for advance notice submitted to J&JOY;
- to answer your requests for information;
- to inform you about J&JOY publications and activities;
- to properly manage the potential activities to which you have subscribed.
- to analyse, adapt and improve the content of the Site;
- to establish, implement and conduct the contractual relationship with the User;
- to allow the User to receive messages;
- to facilitate the availability and use of the Site
- to customise the User experience on the Site;
- to answer requests for information;
- for any marketing and promotional activities proposed by J&JOY to Users who have given their consent;
- to inform them about the evolution of the Site and its functionalities;
- for any other purpose for which the User has given his/her express consent.
The legal basis for the processing of your personal data is based on:
- ☒ your consent;
- ☒ carrying out any request made on your part;
We do need to collect some of your data to respond to any request from you. If you choose not to share this information with us, it may make it impossible to fulfil our part of the contract.
- ☒ a legal obligation imposed on the data controller;
We do indeed need to collect and retain some of your data to meet various legal obligations, including tax and accounting.
- ☒ safeguarding vital interests;
- ☒ the performance of a task carried out in the public interest in relation to exercising the official authority vested in the controller; or
- ☒ our legitimate interest as long as it is in accordance with your interests, freedoms and fundamental rights.
We have a legitimate interest in providing you with this information and in exchanging it with you, in particular to respond to your requests or to improve our services, to prevent abuse and fraud, to monitor the regularity of our operations, to exercise, defend and preserve our rights, for example in the event of litigation, as well as to provide proof of any violation of our rights, to manage and improve our relations with you, to continuously improve our website and our products/services, unless these interests are supplanted by your interests or your fundamental rights and freedoms requiring the protection of your personal data. In any event, we take care to preserve a proportionate balance between our legitimate interest and respect for your privacy.
If the legal basis for our processing is your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time without prejudice to the lawfulness of the processing prior to withdrawal.
In the context of direct marketing, this means that you can unsubscribe from newsletters and other commercial communications from us at any time. You will then be "opted out". You can unsubscribe by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each email.
According to the regulations regarding the processing of personal data, the User has the following rights:
- The right to be informed of the purposes of the data processing (see above) and the identity of the controller.
- The right of access: the User can at any time have access to the data that J&JOY holds on him/her or check if it is included in J&JOY's database.
- The right of rectification: we take all reasonable measures to ensure that the data we hold are up to date. We encourage you to, from time to time, access your account (if applicable) or consult us to verify that your data is up to date. If you find that your data are inaccurate or incomplete, you have the right to ask us to correct them.
- The right to object: the User may at any time oppose the use of his/her data by J&JOY and its active partners (...) .
- The right to erasure: the user can at any time request the deletion of his/her personal data, with the exception of those which J&JOY would have the legal obligation to retain.
- The right to restrict processing: the User may, in particular, obtain the limitation of processing where he/she has objected to the processing, where he/she disputes the accuracy of the data, and/or where he/she considers that the processing is unlawful.
- The right to data portability: The User has the right to receive the personal data that he/she has communicated to J&JOY and can also ask them to transmit these data to another controller.
To exercise his/her rights, the User should send a written request, accompanied by a copy of his/her identity card or passport, to the data controller:
- by e-mail: email@example.com
- by post : J&JOY SA
Avenue Edmond Leburton 6
J&JOY will then take the necessary steps to satisfy the request as soon as possible and, in any event, within one month of receipt of the request. If necessary, this period may be extended by two months in view of the complexity and number of applications.
J&JOY keeps the personal data of its Users for as long as necessary to achieve the purposes stated (see point 4).
J&JOY may also continue to hold personal data concerning an unsubscribed User, including any correspondence or request for assistance addressed to J&JOY in order to be able to answer any questions or complaints addressed to it after the request, and in order to comply with all applicable laws, in particular in tax matters or within the framework of other legal requirements.
The User is informed that he/she has the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Authority (APD - formerly called the Privacy Protection Commission (CPVP)), whose contact address is as follows:
Autorité de Protection des Données
Rue de la Presse, 35, 1000 Bruxelles
Tel : +32 (0)2 274 48 00
In order to guarantee optimal security for payments, J&JOY uses Ingenico's online payment service, which meets high security standards.
J&JOY has taken the appropriate organisational and technical measures to guarantee a level of security appropriate to the risk and so that the servers hosting the personal data processed prevent, as far as possible:
- unauthorised access to or modification of such data;
- improper use or disclosure of such data;
- the unlawful destruction or accidental loss of such data.
In this respect, J&JOY employees who have access to this data are subject to a strict obligation of confidentiality. However, J&JOY cannot be held responsible in the event of misappropriation of this data by a third party despite the security measures adopted.
J&JOY considers personal data as confidential information. It will not communicate them to third parties under conditions other than those specified by the Policy, in order to achieve the objectives referred to and defined in point 4 or under the conditions in which the law obliges it to do so.
Access to data, in addition to that reserved to the data controller and his/her employees as indicated in Article 8 above, may, in certain cases, be granted to certain categories of external recipients, such as technical service providers, courier services, hosting providers, IT companies, legal advice and/or marketing services.
The updated list of these recipients may be requested at any time from the Data Controller.
The communication of this information to the above-mentioned persons must, in all circumstances, be limited to what is strictly necessary or required by the applicable regulations.
J&JOY only transfers data to a country outside the European Economic Area when that country ensures an adequate level of protection within the meaning of the legislation in force and, in particular, within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation (for more information on countries offering an adequate level of protection, see: https://goo.gl/1eWt1V), or within the limits permitted by the legislation in force, for example by ensuring data protection through appropriate contractual provisions.
Information controlled by J&JOY will be transferred or transmitted, or stored and processed, in the United States or other countries outside the country where you live for the purposes described in this Policy. These data transfers are necessary to provide the services or treatments set out in the Policy, and to operate and provide you with our Products worldwide. We use standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission and rely on European Commission adequacy decisions for certain countries, where applicable, for data transfers from the European Economic Area to the United States and other countries. If you have any questions at all in this regard, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The payment service integrated into the Site is provided by Ingenico > https://www.ingenico.com/fr
When making a payment through Ingenico, the User declares he/she has read, understood and accepted Ingenico's privacy policies.
Personal data will not be used for direct marketing purposes for items or services that are not identical or similar to those to which the User has already subscribed, unless the User has given explicit prior consent by checking the boxes provided for this purpose ("opt-in").
Where the User has given his/her consent for the use of this information for direct marketing purposes, he/she retains the right to object at any time, upon request and free of charge, to such use. To do so, the User simply sends his/her request to the following address: email@example.com.
Persons under 18 years of age and persons who do not have full legal capacity are not permitted to use the Site. J&JOY asks them not to communicate their personal data to us. Any infringement of this provision must be reported without delay to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
J&JOY's failure to avail itself, at any given time, of any provision of the Policy shall not be construed as a waiving any subsequent assertion of its rights under the Policy.
The nullity, lapse or unenforceability of all or part of any of the preceding or subsequent provisions shall not invalidate the Policy as a whole. A provision that is wholly or partially null, void or unenforceable shall be deemed to be unwritten. J&JOY undertakes to replace this provision with another which will pursue, as far as possible, the same objective.
The validity, interpretation and/or execution of the Policy are subject to Belgian law, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable rules of private international law.
In case of dispute relating to the validity, interpretation or execution of the Policy, the Courts and Tribunals of the judicial district of Lièges have exclusive jurisdiction, to the fullest extent permitted by theapplicable rules of private international law.
Before undertaking any step aiming at the judicial resolution of a dispute, the User or the Buyer and J&JOY undertake to try to resolve it amicably. To this end, they shall first contact each other before resorting, where appropriate, to mediation, arbitration or any other alternative dispute resolution method.